Wednesday 18 April 2012

American Beauty

I was going looking through all the photo shoots that I have styled for during my time at JCI and I've come to realize that while I have loved every shoot that I've ever styled for, I most definitely have a favourite. It's hard to say why this shoot could be defined as my "favourite," considering when you actually look at the finished product, there's not very much of a styling aspect to it. I mean, she's simply wearing a cream coloured lace dress, with a braided rope tied around her waist, anyone could put that together, right? Well, I suppose that's probably true, but it's not so much the styling of this photoshoot that I am proud of, it's the concept. As a class we were asked to draw inspiration from something in order to come up with our concept for the shoot. So I began to think of things that really inspire me and I realized that my biggest inspirations usually stem from movies and films. After I came up with that idea, I decided to narrow it down to one individual film in particular, American Beauty. Everything about it just really speaks to me. The entire plot line, the underlying theme, the writing, the cinematography, the art direction. In my opinion, it's one of the greatest films of all time. So I suppose you could say that this photoshoot is kind of an ode to American Beauty 


Here is the finished product of the shoot. It's based on any of the scenes in which red roses flutter to the screen. I'm also so thankful that I had the beautiful Anastasia as my model. She embodied Mena Suvari's character from the film so well!  
Model: Anastasia Baysheva 
Photographer: Budianto Nasrun
Photo Editing: Samuel Olsen
Make-up Artist: Teresa Hornacek
Styling and Concept: Celina Booth

No comments:

Post a Comment